Five Fifths Winter Internship – News Internship (Remote)
Five Fifths is looking for a talented News Winter Intern to start this January!
Five Fifths is a platform built on the idea that every person is exactly that, a human being deserving of liberty, respect and most importantly opportunity. Equal opportunity is an ideal rooted in the foundation of The American Dream, and our goal is to provide just that, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, class, or political affiliation.
Our history’s reality means that certain groups and people have been overlooked, overshadowed, forgotten and restrained because of factors out of their control. Our objective at Five Fifths is to uplift those very people and to highlight the many great things being done by members of those communities today.
Candidates should have an understanding of not only hard news but entertainment and celebrity culture.
Please note this will be a Monday-Sunday schedule.
Primary responsibilities: (Weekly commitment of 2 to 4 hours)
- Repost 1 – 3 news articles related to black business news, professionals, and entrepreneurs. Provide a high-level summary (1 – 3 sentences) of the article summarizing key points and providing an exciting perspective. (Daily)
- 30 minute team touchpoint. (Weekly)
- Must have great news judgment.
- The ability to work independently.
- A passion for anything news related! Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter, and a recent writing sample (preferred news clipping) for consideration.